Planning To Have A Good Golf Vacation?
From all over the world, from North America to Africa, almost everybody loves to play golf. In fact, golf has been known to most countries in the world today. But wouldn’t it be nice playing golf in other areas, not just in your usual courses which have become too ordinary for you? How about taking a golf vacation?
If you are keen in seeing how golf is being played in cultures other than yours or you want to see new sights and new course golf course surroundings, then you might want to consider taking an exotic and nice golf vacation!
Here are some tips to help you find the best exotic golf getaway you need.
1. Do not just rely on obtaining information only at the very last minute. You can try checking the various websites on the Internet that offer vacation packages of golf courses around the world. There are also a dozen of golf magazine reviews available in the market that offer tips on the ideal golf spots out there. It pays to do your research.
2. Determine which golf courses charge premium fees when you are playing on weekends and holidays. Find out also if they offer discounts if you play later or a certain number of hours in a day. Remember that you are still on a vacation trip; you have to save all the money you have. Play on the course if it is less expensive.
3. Do some planning ahead, especially if you are going out as a group. If you are coming to the course as a group of say, six people, you should inform the staff at the golf course before you go to the place. One player who just went to the course unregistered can still be accommodated to play even at busy periods for the course. But if you are a big group, courses require advance registration, especially during busy periods.
4. Before you actually give the number of your credit card for you to be able to reserve your reservation, ask first the policy of the club when it comes to cancellations or no-shows. Make sure that you properly inform them that you are cancelling the reservation if you have made other plans.
5. Book in advance tee times, preferably leaving home. Most golf courses at present allow you booking in advance through the course’s own website or a third-party company or agency.